Monday

Resumé, and maybe some other things.

So, I said in the last post that I would talk about resumes.

First of all, resumes are living entities. They grow and change with the years as you get experience and also adapt depending on the job you are applying for. I, for example, wouldn't submit the same resume to someone looking for an LD as I would to someone looking for a Costume Designer.

Not that I would ever want to be a costume designer.

You need to know what the employer wants in an employee and then highlight the aspects that you have that he finds necessary. That does not mean that you should lie. If an employer asks for someone with two years professional experience, don't lie. He'll probably be able to catch it when you walk in. Not a good start...

Most people have problems with the format of a resume, but that's pretty silly in my opinion. That's why god invented "Google". Just google "resume format" or "resume" and you'll get pleanty of hits...trust me.

As long as you take the time to read the job discription and expectations before you try to write a resume, you'll be fine.

Good luck in your resume-ing.

All the best

-Me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your blog. I just graduated from high school. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to attend a performing arts school that shares a campus with a professional regional theater. I was hired as an electrician, and it has been a truly rewarding experience.

However, I am scared to death of the end of the season and what will happen to me when this job is over. I know I will be hired somewhere, but I'm still at the point of being extremely unsure of myself.

Anyway, thanks for the blog, and good luck on your journey.

-nina