Saturday

Last High School Show

Man, that was a while ago, but I guess I can still write about it.

The show? Beauty and the Beast.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/BatbBroadwayLogo.jpg

Lovely choice in my opinion. Our town is kind of a sanctuary for the very old and very young, so we had a great turnout. The audience was surprisingly energetic, despite their extreme ages. The show was held, not in our high school theater, but in the local playhouse. Wow.

Bridges House
The house.

Bridges Stage
4th electric

Bridges Stage Right
SR

It was like I was a pro already!

I had the honor of being appointed sound design and A1. It was my my first time SDing, and it was a blast! I had the help of 3 professionals, all of whom were very useful. They taught me everything from basic board-op techniques (it was my first time with an analogue console!) to speaker and mic choice and placement.

Hectic 3 day load in and set up followed by probably the worst rehearsals ever. Everything came together at the dress, however, and the show was a blast!

There isn't much I learned from the show about the real world that I can speak of here...I had an enormous safety net, and boy did I use it. I guess if I can say one thing about your last high school show, I would say aim high. Apply for a "crew head" position (that's what we called people like A1s and LDs at my high school) and if you get a design position, go all out. Do everything they will let you get away with.

I'll leave you with this. Its the teaser for the show that the choreographer put together. It makes the show look almost as good as it was.

Beauty and the Beast Preview

More later.

All the best

-Me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: