Saturday

Dumb College Students

I'm sure if you have been doing any research online about the industry, you have ran into things like this.

http://www.9timezones.com/ia/ztheater.htm

There is a student technician office at my school with jokes like this posted on the walls. I admit, some of them are good for some laughs and are, to some small...small degree, true, but they aren't a reflection of everyone who works in the industry.

I hate it when people think they are. To them, I say this.

"Hey, hows it going? I'm an aspiring sound engineer who helps load in/out, likes lighting guys and respects their jobs, is a skilled carpenter, doesn't mind actors, and does not drink."

-Me


If you think some stereotype is going to effect anything anyone does or thinks, you need to stop working in this field. Now.

Rant over.

-Me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: